13 ideas I tried to share with my children when they were growing up
1. Pick your friends wisely, for you are known by the company you keep.
2. Sometimes friends will disappoint you, try to remember they are not perfect and neither are you.
3. Honesty is the best policy.
4. Own up to your mistakes. Don't make them twice.
5. Don't start a fight however if the fight comes to you don't be afraid to finish it.
6. Stand up for those who can not stand up for themselves.
7. Bad language should be reserved for the garage and if must be spoken do it in the garage!
8. Give the other individual the benefit of the doubt, someday you will need someone to give you the benefit of the doubt.
9. Think before you speak. Hurtful words are like a mirror that has been broken the cracks can not be repaired and once spoken the hurtful words can not be taken back.
10. When you speak ill of someone else, that reflects more on you than on the individual you speak of, with time others will form their own opinion of the person as well as an opinion of you and what you said.
11. Don't believe everything you hear and read.
12. Don't tell everything you know. A pint of example is worth a barrel full of advice.
13. It's the little things in life that determine the big things.