One of my son's favorite snacks "Double Fudge Nut Cake"
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2 cups sugar sift sugar & flour into a bowl, set aside
2 cups flour
1 stick butter (1/2 cup) put these three ingredients in a pan.
4 TBLS cocoa add water and bring to a boil
1 cup water While still hot pour over sugar/flour, stir well.
1/2 cup buttermilk add the last four ingredients.
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon vanilla Mix well
2. Pour into buttered 11X16 pan (1/2 sheet cake pan).
3. Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees (no longer)
4. While cake is baking mix up the frosting.
1 stick butter (1/2 cup) put first three ingredients in a pan and heat
6 TBLS milk (regular milk or buttermilk can be used)
4 TBLS cocoa When mixed well pour over:
6. 3&3/4 cups of powdered sugar, mix very well then add
7. 1 teaspoon vanilla
8. As soon as cake is removed from the oven take a knife around the edges.
9. Pour frosting over hot cake and spread with a knife.
10. Sprinkle with nuts.
11. Let cake cool.
12. When cool cut into pieces.
13. Serve to your family.
To read more Thursday Thirteen