Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Thursday Thirteen Edition #8

Mick's Jerky Brine used for wild game jerky
1. 1 gallon water
2. 2/3 cup salt
3. 1/3 cup vinegar
4. 1 1/2 cup pepper
5. 1/4 tablespoon onion powder
6. 3 shakes of Tabasco
7. 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire's sauce
8. 1/4 tablespoon sage
9. 1 1/2 tablespoon A-1 sauce
10. touch of chili powder
11. soak the strips of meat in the brine for 9 hours in the refrigerator
12. remove from the brine
13. lay on smoking racks and put in smoker for 8 hours.

My son loves almost every flavor of jerky made.
To read more Thursday Thirteen

Added note: The last post now includes the link to the new website I mentioned.
Defendersown

2 comments:

Mia Celeste said...

Huh, I'm father-in-law makes jerky. I bet he's like this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Donna said...

Yummy... that is the perfect "traveling" food.

If you get a chance, my, TT is up, too.