Thirteen thoughts for the week
1. Never pass up an opportunity to be quiet.
2. Quickest way to gain control of a meeting is not to talk louder but to be silent.
3. Be like a postage stamp-stick to one thing till you get there.
4. Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
5. Ninety percent of the friction of daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
6. I don't know the secret to success but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.
7. If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.
8. The best bridge between hope and despair is often a good night's sleep.
9. Sometimes we are so busy adding up our troubles that we forget to count our blessings.
10. If one looks there is always someone who is in worse shape than oneself.
11. Contentment is not getting what we want but being satisfied with what we have.
12. It isn't hard to make a mountain out of a mole hill, just add a little dirt.
13. Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Congratulations to my nephew Jerry & Kandy on the birth of their beautiful baby girl today!
To read more Thursday Thirteen