Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Veterans Day

Veterans Day brought back memories of people I loved that chose to devote a part or all of their careers to the military. My older brother Mike spent 20 years in the Navy. I called him on Veterans Day to let him know I was thinking of him and to say thank you for choosing to serve. My father (who past away in 1984) spent 6 years in the navy and would have stayed longer however he had severe motion sickness that prevented him from serving on a ship. My grandfather (who also past away in 1984) served in the army in WWI. My son started his military career at West Point in 2001 and is currently serving in Iraq as a Captain. I have several cousins that served in the military. So to all Veterans and current Military thank you for what you have done and what you are now doing. Being an American is an honor and a privilege; because of you we have the freedoms we treasure. Thank you all.

No comments: