13 things I will miss this thanksgiving because my son is in Iraq
1. I'll miss making him eggo waffles with butter and syrup in every square.
2. I'll miss reading "Cup of Christmas Tea" with Dave.
3. I'll miss the big bag of laundry to wash before he leaves again.
4. I'll miss him asking for leftsa.
5. I'll miss his teasing and mischief smile.
6. Ill miss him laying stretched out on the floor in front of the TV.
7. I'll miss him at the diner table telling me he is stuffed after I've asked him for the 5th time what else he wants to eat.
8. I'll miss the stories he shares about his skiing and rock climbing.
9. I'll miss reminiscing about what he was like as a little boy.
10. I'll miss his rare surprise kisses on the cheek.
11. I'll miss the sound of his footsteps on the stairs.
12. I'll miss going to a holiday movie with him.
13. I miss my son.
I am grateful for the time I have had with him and that he is healthy in mind and body to pursue what he enjoys in life.
Please visit more Thursday Thirteen!